Sunday, November 6, 2011

Friends and Football

This weekend Jeff and I were honored to have some of our best friend in town for the weekend! Jeremy and Andi drove the dreaded drive from the LBK to ATX to watch Tech embarrass themselves against ut. Although the game was very uneventfull, we had a wonderful weekend. Friday night was spent catching up and making an early night to prepare for the 11am game on Saturday. We woke up early and headed to Trace and Jenna Vinyards tailgate for the beginning of a good day. Football watching and good food at J.Blacks ended our day pretty early... yes we all headed home at 10pm and were wiped!

Jeff does a good job of making sure I am comfortable and happy while out at the bars sippin my water all night. Sean was able to join us for the evening and treated me to a delisious mexican coke float (perks of being the pregnant one)! I totally understand how easy it is to indulge on yummy food, because people feel bad for you and there is NO WAY I will turn away something sweet!

Speaking of eating too much, I have been sitting on the couch catching up on shows and email in my workout clothes for the last couple of hours. I keep telling Jeff that I am heading to the gym... but it has not happened yet! I have enjoyed my couple of personal training sessions last week, I have one more then I am on my own. You are able to continue most all the same workouts that you would do if not pregnant, but just on a lower impact level. It is very nice being able to work out for an hour and leave not having broke a sweat! I don't have to be the stinky one walking around HEB anymore! Now dont get me wrong, I am VERY sore from not having done any strength training in about 6 months.

The last 2 weeks I have watched the scale go up about a pound each week. I know it is nesessary and totally normal, but it is crazy to be "allowed" to gain weight! I am still looking forward to actually looking "more pregnant". I bought the cutest dress a couple of weeks ago to wear for Thanksgiving, and as of now it's looking like it may have to wait till Chirstmas. I definitly did not realize at the beginning, that for about 1/2 of your pregnancy you don't even look pregnant, you just feel crappy, tired and everyone wonders why you arn't drinking!

I am 18 weeks and 2 days today and we are counting down the days (15) untill we find out of we are having a little Phoebe or Phoebo. That will be the start of lots of shopping I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment