Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend

I have so much to be thankful for this year! A wonderful husband, loving family and a baby girl on the way!

For Thanksgiving this year, Jeff and I traveled to good old Conroe with my sister and her husband, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 sets of golf clubs and clothes for 4 people for a week! Lets just say we had a very cosy ride! I always look forward to Thanksgiving because it is a laid back holiday with LOTS of food to enjoy. My sister and I had planned our couple of dishes to bring to our large family gathering but I do not think we were planning for having to cook in a tiny kitchen at the lakehouse where my parents now live. It was an adventure, after a couple of trips to the grocery Thanksgiving morning we finally had everything prepared. We traveled down to Spring to my Aunt Coll's house where we spent a wonderful evening with lots of family! It was a blast! Being pregnant and having the best food holiday all at the same time is a very dangerous combo. I was definitely eating for two that day! ( and the rest of the weekend)

The weekend was filled with boys playing golf, girls shopping and lots of left overs and family time!

                                                             Car ride to Conroe
As we got back to Austin Sunday night, I was reminded that I had started my Christmas decorating, but left in the middle of it. I do not know why it was taking me so long, but all I know is I started ELF for the third time and finally made myself stop! It definitely has taken me longer this year, I just don't have as much energy i guess. As of now, most of the decorating is finished, I am just debating on putting our small tree upstairs...we will see.

My plan is to begin some Christmas shopping tomorrow, I feel very behind this year! I am just happy that everywhere I go I hear Christmas music! How can you not be happy listening to Christmas carols?

1 comment:

  1. Was a fun and packed weekend, the pic of the dogs in the back is too funny,Hope you have fun up in Lubbock. See you for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete